Thursday 26 September 2013

Console war - PS3 vs. XBOX

Hey guys! Right, I've recently decided I want a games console but I am really stuck for choice as to which one I should get. So I thought I'd weigh up the pro's and cons to see which one is better. Plus, I'd really love your input on this as I am really indecisive and some personal opinions would really help me in this situation. So, I've narrowed it down to two choices: 

Playstation 3 vs. XBOX.
Playstation 3 vs Microsoft XBox 360 
(source: www.cavemag.com)

 Admittedly, I've wanted a gaming console for years. After getting my first games console when I was 16, the Nintendo Wii, I really wanted a more gaming console for me. We use the Wii as a family console, but I really want something I can call me own and use it at my own convenience. Be it watching a film on Lovefilm or Netflix or having a stress-free day where I can be lazy and play games all day. This was triggered more so after the recent release of GTAV (not a personal choice for me) as everyone was ranting on about how awesome gaming it and going on about their different consoles, and it really got me thinking. If I was to get one, which one would I get? Which one is better for me?

For starters, the PS3 has a Bluray player. This is an instant pro for me as I'm starting to invest in more and more Blurays and this could come in great use! Whereas, XBOX doesn't have Bluray. Admittedly, not the biggest problem in the world but it does sway the decision a bit. Next, they both have internet. As a film nerd, I love watching my films online. I've noticed both consoles have access to the likes of Lovefilm and Netflix. This would come in great use for me, but is it free to use on the consoles? I don't know. I have accounts on these sites (obviously), but can I access them for free on the console? 

Secondly, all I hear about the XBOX is the 'ring of death'. I never hear anything positive about it, apart from the fact it is really good for gaming. But how good? I usually hear how the PS3 is good with some games, but not so good with others. Which is the best for gaming? Admittedly, I will not be playing the typical GTA, FIFA or COD. They are not of interest at all. I like games such as Sims, Rayman etc. Y'know, older games which I would've played as I child. My final issue is cost. Let's be honest, I'm on supermarket wages and I'm a student. This means I am not made of money, unfortunately! This is a major issue as I want value for money and don't want to waste it on a console which isn't what is right for what I want it for.

As you can tell, I am really indecisive about this and in need of some direction to help me in the decision making. I am absolutely clueless and want the best console for what I want. 


PLEASE HELP ME, GUYS.

1 comment:

  1. Xbox is better for cost and gaming experience in old and new games, ps3 is better at graphics which the older games wont have so doesn't help much there, also the ps3 costs a lot! so overall I would suggest the xbox. Netflix and lovefilm are free to access but you need an account to actually watch films.
    -James Young

    ReplyDelete