Friday 22 November 2013

'Easy come, easy go..'

Hey guys! Hope you've all had an awesome week and are looking forward to the weekend - unless you're working like me.. Anyway, after having a long think lately, I've come to realise a lot of things. In particular, people. Safe to say people really irritate me most of the time.

The one thing I've learnt about people is that they will up and leave at any time. Sometimes without warning.. Sucks really. Like, the friends you have in school, people who were really close to at one point, people you could confide in and spend time with, just gone. With the obvious exception of university, it's amazing how many people can just walk away. People moan when no one makes an effort with them, but why don't you make the effort for a change and stop relying on other people for a change? You'd be amazed at how much of an impact it has..

I was talking about this to my friend the other day when we were heading to the cinema. In my life, I have had the same best friend for over 10 years who has stood by me through so much (god knows why) and has always had a place in my life. I also have two other close friends who have been in my life for the same amount of time, but never been as close with. Like, I spend more time with my best friend than with them as we live closer etc. They've been in my life since primary school, shows a lot really.


Then, I have the friends from secondary school. Now, I changed groups a lot throughout school and had friends in different groups too which was nice. Year 11 was probably the best year in seeing who my true friends actually were, spending that last summer together having camp outs, prom, days out... I could happily spend time with these guys and just have a laugh. But now, I barely talk to any of them. Obviously, if we bump into each other, we'll chat and catch up sometimes, but most of the time I don't really hear much from them unless I see them on my twitter feed or facebook..


Next, I have my sixth form friends. This is the real surprise if I'm honest. A lot of things happened in sixth form which resulted in a large mixture and changing friendship groups. I think my social group probably changed more than 5 times over the course of  two years. Met a whole variety of people in sixth form who I thought would never leave if I'm honest. Yet, since finishing, I only talk to a handful of people. Like, the people who said they'd never lose contact etc etc, have just left. Not even bothered. Once or twice I've seen them since sixth form, but not much. And it's sad really, for someone to just drop you like that without a warning or anything. Makes you really consider what the word 'friendship' means to some people.


Then, I have my college girls. Now, I haven't known these girls long but they have already had such a positive impact on my life. College is a lot easier with friends and they give me more of a reason to get up and go to college. Knowing I can go to college and have a laugh and a bit of fun makes it so much better. They are just awesome and all so different, it's amazing how well we all click as a group! 




Finally, I have my work friends. This is a more recent selection of friends so they haven't had much time to adjust to my madness just yet, bar a couple of people. But they are amazing, and I'm meeting more people as my time there goes on! Like, some people I haven't always seen eye to eye with, but things are going well at the moment. I've made some amazing friends at work and made some great connections with people, some stronger than others..


Despite the people who have left, I'm so grateful for the friends that I actually have. They have been there for me through a lot and put up with me through the worst of times. Makes me feel incredibly lucky to have the people I do in my life :-)

1 comment:

  1. AW! Thanks chummy. (I'm assuming I'm your best friend and if I'm not then, well, this is embarrassing.) But I completely agree about school friends. 5 years together and yet, where are they all now?! Life. Xx

    ReplyDelete